[sugar] New joyride build 2258 (Eben Eliason)

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc
Wed Aug 6 12:30:19 EDT 2008

Hi All,

+1 on not reaching out over the network or doing anything without user
input.

I'm also nervous about the software update icon in the control panel
going out over the network and doing something immediately after you
click and before you do anything else with the Update interface. Is
there any precedent or guidelines on what happens first after you choose
a Sugar Control Panel option?

Has anyone tested the SW updater control panel over low-BW or offline?

I'd rather see it land on a nice GUI that explains what will happen and
gives you the option to click and check for the latest activities.

Thanks,

Greg S