[sugar] Python Javascript Communication

Preeti KS kspreeti.13
Thu Apr 10 08:11:43 EDT 2008

Hello to all,

As part of a project in OLPC, we are vying to create a library file that
allows for direct communication between python and javascript. This is a
very useful concept for the XO programmers, as various applications require
the integration of these extremely important platforms. For this, we have
first created a Hello World for communication between Javascript and the
browser. This is available at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Myextension.zip and the detailed working is
given at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/JS-Python#Creating_a_Hello_World_Application

The next step was the creation of the communication between python and the
browser. This is uploaded at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Pyxpcomrunning.zip and details of working
are given at the same link as above. It is basically a Python Shell that
opens in the browser.
Once we have these 2 basic programs in place, our next step is calling these
two synchronously from the same python interface, which maybe a Sugar
platform.

Suggestions and help on furthur steps are invited.

Thanks and regards
Preeti