[sugar] request for help - how to restart gabble ?

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes
Mon Apr 14 03:53:33 EDT 2008

Le samedi 12 avril 2008 ? 15:18 -0400, Chris Ball a ?crit :
> Hi Mikus,
>
>    > Is re-starting Sugar (ctl-alt-erase) the only "approved" way to
>    > re-start gabble, or are there commands which would do it without
>    > having to re-start the currently running Sugar ?
>
> I believe the gabble/salut logic is triggered by the network interfaces
> going up, so clicking on your AP again in the mesh view (to force a
> reconnect) should trigger it.

Yeah you can do that.
The other way is just to wait a bit as Gabble will constantly try to
connect to the jabber server using an exponential backoff (which is
limited to ~ 5 minutes IIRC).

	G.