[sugar] Sugar restart lost Journal, and some customization

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Sun Apr 13 14:39:58 EDT 2008

> Would be great if you could help us to track this down.

I definitely did have the problem of the Journal (datastore?) being
wiped out.  Before I did the ctl-alt-erase, F3 showed me an Activity
ring;  when Sugar came back up, the Activity ring was empty (so was
the Journal).  But I no longer have the same setup - I've now
installed Joyride 185x, and am not encountering that problem (have
done ctl-alt-erase a couple of times).  Perhaps something had gotten
corrupted, and was corrected by the new build install (olpc-update).
  I'm going to leave it go, as being a "one-time" happening.

--------

OFF TOPIC (metadiscussion):

Approach --  If something is stopping me, and is reproducible, I'll
write a ticket.  But if it's not something that is stopping me, I'll
often just post to the list.  My thought -- I've recorded what I've
seen;  if others see the same thing, that might raise it to the
level of a "problem".  But if others don't encounter it, I'm content
to "let sleeping dogs lie".

mikus