[sugar] interoperating with non-Sugar Jabber clients

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Thu Apr 10 16:12:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Dafydd Harries
<dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

>  It would be nice if the Chat activity could be used to converse with non-Sugar
>  Jabber clients. The presence service has some code to generate invitations
>  when somebody initiates a conversation, but Sugar doesn't do anything with
>  these invitations.
>
>  One open question is how to associate the invitation with the Chat activity.
>  Should the association be hardcoded? What should the shell do if Chat is not
>  installed?

Given that there are no alternatives to Chat, I'm in favour of
hardcoding it, at least for a proof of concept. If Chat's not
installed, drop the invitation on the floor.

sugar.presence emits 'private-invitation' with the Telepathy text
channel for the connection with the non-Sugar client.

Sugar team, can we (in the shell) iterate over the installed
activities to find Chat?

The issue I'm not sure of is how to pass the Telepathy channel in the
invitation to Chat.

Morgan