[sugar] A Sugar TODO List, of Sorts

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Tue Apr 8 13:12:59 EDT 2008

>  ? Add "AlertBox" for use with palettes/notifications
>
>  Eben, can you elaborate here a bit more?

There is a preliminary mockups for this at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Specifications/Object_Transfers

>  >>  >   ? Make activity zoom level button cycle active activities?
>  >>  What's the doubt here?
>  >
>  > Not much really.  I wanted to see other's opinions on it, I guess,
>  > though it seems quite reasonable.  It effectively retains precisely
>  > its current behavior, and adds a potentially useful function to it.
>
>  Don't we would use alt-tab to cycle through the available activities. I
>  would leave the activity zoom level button to only reveal the current
>  active one.

We do use alt-tab.  We should continue to support this, both for
"legacy" support, but more importantly for compatibility with other
platforms.  One potential possibility is to differentiate between
cycling in "visible order" in the frame (with the activity button)
while cycling in "order of last use" with alt-tab.

>  >>  >   ? Add modal alert before destructive changes (eg. change channel)?
>  >>  From where can the channel be changed?
>  >
>  > Well, as far as I understand it, choosing an AP on a given channel
>  > will destroy any communications on the current mesh channel.  If the
>  > selection of an AP would break communications, we'd want to indicate
>  > this.
>
>  I guess one point that we should put on the list is an API for modal
>  alerts. The Wep-key dialog for example could be 'sugarized' with the new
>  API as well.

Good point.  I assumed that your work on the control panel was built
on top of an API for modal alerts.  We should formalize this, and make
sure we transition to it in all the relevant places (wireless, file
picker, etc).  That would really make things feel more solid.

- Eben