[sugar] A Sugar TODO List, of Sorts

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Mon Apr 7 17:05:52 EDT 2008

>  I must have missed something along the way. Being able to select a
>  mesh portal is very important in the current scheme of things. Is that
>  functionality going to live on the frame now?

Yes, the mesh is now treated as a device -- as a built-in
functionality of the laptop itself -- and will reside permanently in
the Frame with an option to select a channel.

>  I would further argue that we are still not where need to be regarding
>  feedback on the network connectivity front. If connecting to an AP
>  fails, there is no indication as to why. I also think it would be
>  informative to the children to be able to drill down another level re
>  their connection: what is the IP address, etc. on the case of an AP.

Agreed.  Notification in general has been lacking, and I hope that the
new system will allow us to turn that around completely.  The presence
of the AP devices within the Frame will allow us to provide
notifications with error status when things go wrong.  Additionally,
the palette for an AP device (which is already slated to have the
channel included, I believe) can also include any other information we
feel is worth presenting.  That's just a matter of deciding what bits
are useful to reveal.  Do you have any specific thoughts on what we
should be showing?

- Eben