[sugar] A Sugar TODO List, of Sorts

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Mon Apr 7 15:00:11 EDT 2008

Hi, follow some requests for comments, details, etc.

I propose to move the items marked as "Ok" to a page in the wiki, and
continue to do so as we progress in the clarification of the rest of
the items. Sounds good?

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Shell --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   Notifications
>
>   ? Make notifications "slide into" or "out of" the Frame
Which notifications slide in or out?

>   ? Create notification API (delay, type (in|out|remain))
Can you specify how the different types of notifications behave?

>   ? Reveal palette when clicking on notification, or reaching screen corner
Ok

>   ? Add "AlertBox" for use with palettes/notifications
Ok

>   Clipboard
>
>   ? Use notification (instead of revealing Frame) when making a clipping
Ok

>   ? Create clipping API (title, creator, icon, preview)
Asked about this in a separate thread.

>   ? Add clipping previews (related to above)
Which clipping types can be previewed? Just images and text?

>   ? Color copy/paste buttons in activities
Which colors should take? Just the local colors?

>   ? Fix visual style for drag'n'drop
Can you specify?

>   People
>
>   ? Use notifications for XOs in Frame, when joining/leaving the activity
Ok

>   ? Render XOs that have been invited or have temporarily left as
>  outlines in Frame
Ok

>   ? Expose buddy-active and buddy-inactive signals in PS, to enable above
Ok

>   ? Expose a status property for buddies in PS
Ok

>   ? Expose an avatar property for buddies in PS?
svg? any pixbuf? which size limit?

>   ? Implement status as secondary text in buddy palettes
Ok

>   Activities/Places
>
>   ? Expose the activity name, activity preview in PS
Activity preview is doable? Which screen size? Which maximum size for
transfer in the mesh?

>   ? Implement "share with" functionality (from Frame)
Ok

>   ? Make current activity icon clickable in Frame
Ok

>   ? Make activity zoom level button cycle active activities?
What's the doubt here?

>   Devices
>
>   ? Tweak "battery fully charged" behavior
What needs tweaking?

>   ? Implement white vs. colored battery style
When is one or the other?

>   ? Add "speaker" device, with volume adjustment
Ok

>   ? Add "screen" device, with brightness, color/BW adjustment
Ok

>   ? Add device notifications (battery, storage, etc.)
Can you specify each of those?

>   Neighborhood
>
>   ? Remove mesh portals from neighborhood
Ok

>   ? Add icons to palettes of APs, add channel as secondary text
Ok

>   ? Remove "..." from "Disconnect" option on APs
Ok

>   ? Identify the school server visually in the mesh
Ok. Which actions contains the palette?

>   ? Attach "register" option to the school server icon
Ok

>   ? Gray badges along with icons when searching
Ok

>   ? Add list view, group people under activities
Do we have mockups?