[sugar] clicking on icons in Frame top bar (1825)

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Sat Apr 5 18:15:32 EDT 2008

Gary explained to me:
> I was referring to one of the new toolbar icons in the Home view
> toolbar, top right. One is for displaying the list of all activities,
> the other is for displaying the ring of favorites - the ring of
> favourites is the one I was describing as a frog's egg (a round circle
> with a dot in the middle).

Thank you.  Didn't remember having heard "frog's egg icon" before.

> Yea Eben indicated this is a bug just now, so will get fixed. Clicking
> any of the activity icons in the frame area should simply switch to
> that activity, however, currently if you are switch to Neighbourhood,
> Group, or Home zoom view, the icon in the frame for activity that you
> were just using a moment ago is not clickable (it's the grey one).

Took me a while to reproduce what you are talking about -- if in the
Frame one single-clicks *directly* within the greyed-activity icon
(the greying is the "highlight" that shows "the most recently viewed
activity"), nothing happens -- but if in the Frame one single-clicks
*directly* within a non-greyed icon for an activity, that is enough
to take one into that other activity.

That all makes sense to me.  I think of those activity icons in the
Frame as "switching" icons - they allow one to switch between
activities.  What *should* "switching from an activity to the same
activity" mean ?

The reason I hadn't noticed (from a zoomed screen) not being able to
single-click *directly* on the greyed-activity icon in the Frame was
because I normally use my external keyboard to navigate between
views (F4 takes me back).  If I instead position the cursor on the
activity icons in the Frame, hovering it over the greyed-activity
icon gives me a drop-down menu - then by clicking on 'Resume' in
that menu I am taken out of the zoomed screen back into that
activity.  [The only time this procedure does not work is with the
'Journal' icon, which does not have 'Resume' on its drop-down menu.]

Thanks,  mikus