[sugar] New Activity Proposal -- "Your voice on XO"

Alex Escalona aescalona
Sat Apr 5 11:23:54 EDT 2008

Hi Edward,

This is precisely one of the many applications that I envision for such an
activity--reading narrative works to preliterate children in a
natural-sounding voice that is familiar to them. At the same time, it would
be pretty challenging to truly replicate the human voice, both from a
software and hardware perspective, though of course that is a very
important, albeit ambitious goal of speech synthesis in general.

Thanks for your support!

Best,
Alex