[sugar] Hacking Sugar

Samuel Klein meta.sj
Wed Sep 19 23:39:52 EDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Eduaro Silva <edsiper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've started to write a centralized wiki document called "Hacking
> Sugar", it aims to be a public "updated" resource for current/future
> developers that want to get involved in Sugar, not just restricted to
> activities, the idea is include information about how to start, social
> aspects, communication, sugar core, etc. Please take a look to the
> "initial version":
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hacking_Sugar

Neat.   Aside from the jhbuild notes, take a look at existing pages
that could be merged and refactored :

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Instructions
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_development
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Understanding_sugar_code
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Setting_up_a_sugar_development_environment

> *maybe* would be good to have a Doc Book Wiki system in order to  have
> some free public book about sugar, something with
> http://doc-book.sourceforge.net/homepage/ , make sense?

Before we start creating new places to put docs, we may want to add to
and reorganize what we have.  (You can export mediawiki collections to
pdf for a simple print book.)

SJ