[sugar] upstream APIs freeze?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sun Sep 16 21:10:22 EDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Jani Monoses <jani at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am noticing that evince-olpc does not build with the current poppler
> 0.6 library in Ubuntu. Are the upstream library versions frozen as far
> as Sugar development for the first release is concerned?

Pretty much, yeah. I doubt we will upgrade to anything API incompatible for 1.0.

> I've noticed that pippy also needs a patch to accomodate the latest
> pygtksourceview (filed it in trac)
>
> Besides the patches in jhbuild's build-scripts/patches are there other
> modifications to the upstream sources? Anything else added in the Fedora
> image build scripts?

We are based on Fedora 7, so the images contains all the patches in F7
rpms. We apply a patch to totem to get the mozilla plugin to work with
xulrunner 1.9 alpha6 (we will have to redo that patch as soon we move
to alpha7 though). Other than that I can't remember anything else
significant for sugar/activities.

Marco