[sugar] Changing Name of Alsamixer controls 'Analog Input' and 'V_REFOUT'

Arjun Sarwal arjun
Fri Sep 7 02:57:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

We are working on some audio driver issues. While we're at it, we also
thought about changing name of two Alsamixer controls for the purpose of
more clarity :

1. There is a control 'Analog Input' which when enabled essentially allows
us to switch to a DC coupling by shorting a coupling capacitor on the
motherboard. To the user, it simply allows one to put a DC signal into the
Mic input and thus switch to DC mode.
The proposal is to change the name to 'DC Mode Enable'

2. V_REFOUT : This is also a control in Alsamixer and essentially switches
ON the bias voltage required by the microphone.
The proposal is to change the name to 'Mic Enable'

I look forward to comments and feedback on the above two proposals.

thanks and regards,
Arjun

--
Arjun Sarwal ( arjun at laptop.org )