[sugar] activities i18n support & files

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Sat Oct 27 16:53:13 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 22:37 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2007, at 16:10 , Xavier Alvarez wrote:
>
> > People,
> >
> > We are in the process of setting up a localization server for the
> > activities (hopefully in the last stages), and we need the POT
> > files to:
> > - exist (in a /po directory of the d.l.o git project directory)
> > - be upto date (make sure they are the latest extraction)
> >
> > Although the http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization page needs
> > reworking for clarity and getting rid of 'old flows and
> > standards' please review them for guidance. We'll try to update
> > them asap.
>
> Etoys translations (more than 3000 phrases) are currently managed at
>
> 	https://translations.launchpad.net/etoys/
>
> How should the relation of that be to pootle?

Hi Bert,
Atm, the Pootle installation talks to only the GIT repos at
dev.laptop.org. However, it can optionally talk to other repos as well
(CVS, darcs, SVN and git (still being tested)) are the version control
systems that are supported atm.

IMHO, for external modules (ie, those being developed outside the
dev.laptop.org repos), the decision of whether to use the Pootle
services provided from *.laptop.org rests upon the maintainer of the
module concerned.

My personal opinion on this matter is, if you already have a well
established and working translation framework/workflow, you should
probably be sticking to that. Suddenly switching to a new mechanism
altogether might make existing translators angry :-). The localisation
wiki page (as well as the Pootle installation at *.laptop.org), however,
should point translators to your existing guidelines.

Warm regards,
Sayamindu

--
????????? ???????? (Sayamindu Dasgupta)