[sugar] internationalizing numbers?

Pascal Scheffers pascal
Fri Oct 26 05:21:44 EDT 2007

You probably need to worry most about decimals and thousands separators.
Those are reversed in a number of languages:

1.000,12 vs. 1,000.12 which is unambiguous but
1,012 or 1.012 can be interpreted with a factor 1000 difference if you
do not localize correctly.

Other than that, and only judging from the occasional arab, japanese,
chinese and hebrew website I see but cannot read, most just use roman
numerals like we do in left to right, most significant digit first.