[sugar] Monday Ship Mtg update message

Kim Quirk kim
Mon Oct 22 10:43:46 EDT 2007

Schedules:

This is the last week of changes to the FRS, or Frist Deployment, code base.

There are 70+ blocking bugs and over 230 high priority bugs. These should be
the highest priority for most people who are helping out in both development
and test. After this week, we will hand pick the bug fixes that will go into
the build; and start shutting down the code churn.

Please look through your bug list, including any other components that might
be related to your bug list (sometimes they get put under the wrong
component); and figure out what you believe to be the First Deployment show
stoppers. Look at bugs that are assigned to the FRS milestone as well as
those that have not been assigned or those that are untriaged.

This is the code that our first deployment children in Uruguay will
experience as well as those who are donating to the G1G1 program -- so we'd
like to present the best user experience as possible.

Meetings this week (please send me email if you need a call in number and
don't have it):

Monday 1pm EDT: Test meeting - where are we on the test sprint objectives;
highest priority testing for this week
Tuesday 12:00 (noon, EDT): Journal/datastore update, saving to the school
server
Tuesday 12:30 EDT: Tubes, presence, new mesh protocol, jabber servers
Wednesday 11:30 EDT: Sugar UI (This might not be the correct
time...Christian or Eben will send out time)
Wednesday 4:00 pm EDT: Security update (NOTE the change of day)

We may need a meeting on connectivity issues (to continue from where we left
off with Marvell and Cozybits last week)
We may need a meeting dedicated to school server integration

We are coming down to the last few weeks. Thanks for everyone's focus and
dedication to these difficult details.

- Kim