[sugar] [Fwd: Re: Fast Screenshot without blocking X events]

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed Oct 17 04:58:56 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 03:58 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> For those of you complaining that taking screenshots
> was slow... it seems there's not much we can do even
> with Composite and the latest X server.

Well, last time I measured, it took 0.15s. to take a fullscreen
screenshot on the xo. So we are not so bad.

If with composition we can take the screenshot while the window is
hidden (and before the window is iconified/unmapped), then we'll be able
to take reliable screenshots without using much extra memory during a
long period.

Tomeu