[sugar] How to handle application protocols

J.M. Maurer uwog
Tue Oct 9 16:17:42 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 16:05 -0400, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
> Change your application version number in the .activity file?

Well ofcourse.

But consider this: 3 kids update their Write activity (including the
underlying libabiword), which will also upgrade their AbiCollab
protocol. 7 others don't upgrade yet, and continue to use their old
version of Write/libabiword.
Now kids from both groups will will see each other on the mesh view, see
shared documents, but when they try to collaborate, it will 'silently
fail'.

That doesn't look user-friendly to me.

  Marc