[sugar] Activity Testing: PLEASE READ

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk
Wed Nov 14 17:58:07 EST 2007

Calling all activity developers!

We need more testing on activities.  We also need more volunteers. I'm
working on a project that, with luck, will help us with both.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Testing_Project

The goals:
   * Welcome new participants to OLPC
   * For each activity, identify clear owners for development and testing
   * Provide new volunteers with clear, simple, rewarding tasks

A lot of this is repackaging of work that's already been done, but I think this
repackaging is crucial: it focuses on optimizing the time of new volunteers --
and in my experience in open source development, new volunteers are the most
important resource.

Developers, I'm asking you to help by filling out the Activity Testing Matrix.
Once we've got enough information collected, enough so that well-meaning newbie
testers can get started, I'm going to start aggressively recruiting people to
help.

=====

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1. Follow the testing guide for activity developers.  It's very brief:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Testing_Developer_Guide

2. Go to the activity matrix and add your activity:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Testing_Matrix

3. Join the Testing mailing list:

4. If you IRC, come hang out on the #olpc-qa channel on freenode.

If you've already built your activity and it's ready for testing, this
shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, tops -- but it's absolutely
crucial.

Also, note: this is a work in progress.  If you don't understand what's being
asked, or if you think there's a better way to do something, please email me
and let me know.  Or better yet, join the Testing list and send email there.
:)

Thanks for your help!

--g

--