[sugar] Where did sugar._sugarext.get_pgrname() go?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Mon Nov 12 20:28:41 EST 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> What was you using the program name for? Maybe what you want is
> Activity.get_bundle_id(), at least I think that's what we used to set
> the program name to. (We had to give using the program name for this
> because there are libraries like xulrunner which mess with it).

This is from the olpcgames mesh.py module.  It uses the name to
construct a "unique" DBUS service name for the various olpcgames-based
projects.  That is, it tries to create a different name for each game
that uses the wrapper by asking for the program "name" and using that as
the DBUS name for the activity's sharing service.

Substituting a call to get_bundle_id() seems to work fine in the sense
that it lets the code move past the import of the module and I can at
least *seem* to share it (though TicTacToe.activity doesn't seem to
actually share any data).

Thanks Marco,
Mike