[sugar] Bitfrost compliance for Update.1

Asheesh Laroia asheesh
Mon Nov 5 20:12:31 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 02:54:23PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>>> "tmp" is transient and "conf" and "data" are persistent.
>>
>> What's the difference between data and conf then?
>
> The difference concerns how configuration data from old versions of an
> activity are handled.
>
> The 'data' dir is per-activity-version.
>
> The conf dir is also per-activity-version but, the first time you launch
> a new version [and only the first time, if we can engineer it], the
> conf-dir for the new version will contain a read-only copy of a previous
> version's conf data for you to scan, if you wish.

For my activty, os.environ['SUGAR_ACTIVITY_ROOT'] (in a jhbuild) is
/home/paulproteus/.sugar/default/org.creativecommons.LicensingActivity/ ,
and these are the directories that exist when the activity is running:

[paulproteus at f7 logs]$ find
/home/paulproteus/.sugar/default/org.creativecommons.LicensingActivity/
/home/paulproteus/.sugar/default/org.creativecommons.LicensingActivity/
/home/paulproteus/.sugar/default/org.creativecommons.LicensingActivity/data
/home/paulproteus/.sugar/default/org.creativecommons.LicensingActivity/tmp
[paulproteus at f7 logs]$

So, am I expected to mkdir() the
/home/paulproteus/.sugar/default/org.creativecommons.LicensingActivity/conf/
(etc.) directories myself?

In both an environment where I used sugar-install-bundle and one where I
just "cp"'d it into place, the above seems to be the existing directory
layout.

Thanks!

-- Asheesh.

--
"You're just the sort of person I imagined marrying, when I was little...
except, y'know, not green... and without all the patches of fungus."