[sugar] How to test Activities without a XO?

Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at Andreas.Trawoeger
Tue May 29 09:38:41 EDT 2007

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> schrieb am 05/29/2007 02:37:47 PM:
> On May 29, 2007, at 14:13 , Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at wrote:
> > So could I kindly ask for either a sane way to add a .xo file to a
> > sugar-jbuild or a qemu development image with 512 MB of free space
> > and an installed OpenSSH server?
>
> You could patch the image ... just append a 512 MB empty chunk and
> resize the partition. Or, even simpler, add a second hard disk to
> your Qemu and mount it.

If you could resize the partition this would work out :-((

This is how far i get:

1. Extending qemu disk image to 1GB:
dd bs=1 if=/dev/zero of=olpc-development-ext3.img seek=1G count=0

2. Boot image with System Rescue CD (http://www.sysresccd.org):
qemu -hda olpc-development-ext3.img -cdrom systemrescuecd.iso -boot d

3. Check Filesystem:
e2fsk -fD /dev/hda1

4. Resize partition:
parted /dev/hda
(parted) resize 1 31.7kB 1GB

Which ends up with an "Error: File system has an incompatible feature
enabled" Message :-((

So I will probably add a second disk and use it as /home.

Any tips how to put an OpenSSH server on the developer image?
Using the TTY is somewhat annoying, because it's screwes up things like
nano or top.

cu andreas