[sugar] Retrieving telepathy handles/dbus addresses from a Buddy

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes
Mon May 28 04:38:23 EDT 2007

Le dimanche 27 mai 2007 ? 16:01 +0200, J.M. Maurer a ?crit :
> In telepathy, I can use GetDBusNames on a tube that gives me a mapping
> from contacts to dbus addresses. It roughly looks like [(3,
> ':1.abcdef'), (5, ':1.ghijkl')]
>
> I will use such dbus addresses to send messages to one particular
> recipient on a tube.
>
> However, when a Buddy joins my activty, and the 'buddy-joined' callback
> is fired, I have a buddy object (<Buddy object (sugar+presence+buddy
> +Buddy) at 0xb7b41194>) with a really tiny public API it seems.
> Said API does not allow me to retrieve dbus addresses that I need (there
> is a GetTelepathyHandles function in sugar/services/presence/buddy.py
> though which may or may not do what I want).
>
> Any pointers on the proper solution would be appreciated.

Joining an activity (currently) doesn't mean you joined its tubes.

Simon is working right now on an improved PS API aiming to make the life
of activities writer as simple as possible.
Any suggestions about features you'd like to see in this futur API is of
course welcome.

	G.