[sugar] Stirme initial code

Sebastian Silva sebastian
Sun May 27 21:43:40 EDT 2007

Hi list,
Note this announcement is a bit rushed, we've barely got some proof of
concept GUI and we've still got lots to do and lots to decide, like:

 * Start working on sugar integration
 * Start studying the mesh API
 * Decide on a persistence scheme, probably the journal.
 * Start coding the voting mechanism.
 * Further develop the GUI

So most of our work is still on the spec and we're still getting
familiar with the OLPC APIs and its possibilities.

Acording to our roadmap:

"The first milestone (July 9th) will provide basic voting
functionality, that is the ability to log into a voting centre
remotely and pick an election from a list, then actually cast a vote
on it. Voting centre functionality will be minimal at this point, and
GPG support will be attached after this milestone. The goal is to
provide a taste of what is possible and work out the rough (but
important) edges from then on. Release early, release often."

So today we officially start, wish us luck,

It is a challenge for us to work with such an inspired team on such an
inspired goal and I hope we're up for it, at least our spirits are up.

Sebastian Silva