[sugar] Error building sugar (xapian-core)

Olly Betts olly
Tue May 15 09:29:27 EDT 2007

Gustavo Olaza writes:
> matcher/.deps/msetpostlist.Plo:5: atenci?n: hay un car?cter NUL; se
> ignora el resto de la l?nea
> [...]
> libtool: link: `matcher/msetpostlist.lo' is not a valid libtool object

These both sound to me like the build was stopped uncleanly while compiling
matcher/msetpostlist.cc, so these files contain incomplete output.  Try
deleting these two files, and rerunning make, i.e.:

    rm matcher/.deps/msetpostlist.Plo matcher/msetpostlist.lo
    make

And if you get similar errors for other .Plo or .lo files, delete those
similarly.

Cheers,
    Olly