[sugar] [pyxpcom] PyXPCOM viability and OLPC

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Wed May 9 09:28:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 09:30 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> > The last patch there apply cleanly but doesn't solve the problem for me.
> > I didn't try the previous patches but bsmedberg think they are wrong
> > so...
> >
> > Pyxpcom looks pretty much unmaintained, which isn't promising :/
>
> When I was working with it for one of the Butterfly iterations
> (admittedly about 1 1/2 years ago) it was in pretty bad state, with only
> 1 person working on it IIRC, and nobody could really help me out with
> problems.  It's not had that great of a track record.  So unless it's
> gotten a lot of love in the past year, it's probably not the right
> approach if you need something in the next few months.

Butterfly!!! Good times ;)

I think it got better since you tried it. But recently it seem to have
been abandoned, more or less, both by mozilla.org and his maintainer.

So yeah, I'm pretty skeptic about it.

Marco