[sugar] having problems creating activities

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Sun May 6 18:50:20 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 14:45 -0300, Emiliano Pastorino wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I?m trying to install a file manager on sugar, but i?m having
> difficulties creating activities. I?ve downloaded the rpms for Xfe and
> Rox (two file managers i want to test), installed them, and they work
> just fine when i call them from console. Now i want to have an
> activity for them.

Hi Emiliano,

you can't make an activity without modifying the code... We are planning
to make sugar more compatible with traditional applications (latest git
is a bit better at this already) but that's a different matter.

I'm curious about the reason you are trying to add a file manager to
Sugar. "File management" will be handled by the journal:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/The_Journal

Marco