[sugar] New developers... how to place them?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Fri Mar 23 19:38:43 EDT 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Just brainstorming:
>
> * I think we should come up with very specific tasks rather than with
> large sub-projects. That's usually a much better entry point to
> understand the code base and the platform. (Maybe we should do both but
> you get what I mean...)

Yes.

I'm approaching this at the "Human Resources" level.  We can readily
pull in developers to work on a project when they get excited about the
project as a whole.  We can readily get commitments in the 5-10
hours/week range, at that level I need to be able to point to something
akin to a "job" within the project, a role that needs to be filled.

When they get *into* the project they'll need the "starter" tasks, the
familiarization projects, etceteras, but we need to know at the top
level *that* you need people, and people with what skill set in order to
direct them to the sub-project.

Have fun,
Mike