[sugar] New developers... how to place them?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch
Fri Mar 23 19:24:46 EDT 2007

Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> That said, we *desperately* need a way to coordinate what work *is*
> being done. The biggest problem I see is that there's no clear,
> *simple* way to know if your work is being duplicated. I was stumbling
> my way through a port of Kye only to discover that by the time I'd
> figured out what I needed to do, someone else had already done it.
> So in that spirit, may I propose...
>
> THE ACTIVITY CLEARINGHOUSE.
> (And maybe this page already exists -- but if it does, I certainly
> haven't found it.)
We have something *like* this:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_projects

I've done some edits to include a few of the core libraries in the page,
describe the purpose of the projects and do some general introduction
stuff. We'd need the individual projects to keep their entries updated
to make it effective.

There's a related page:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_ideas

which is currently rather sparse. I've just gone through collecting the
various project ideas from across the wiki onto that page in order to
provide a centralised location for proposing software categories for
focus. It could use considerable fleshing out.

I'll keep thinking about ways to make this more useful,
Mike