[sugar] Sugar alternative: pepper

Dan Williams dcbw
Wed Mar 21 18:53:57 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:44 -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  what could  be the differences between  pepper and sugar ?
> i mean what could be the  "plus"  of  Sugar in comparison to pepper,
> because  pepper seams to have a
> more mature  development and has the same features..or am i wrong
> about it..?

Well, Sugar is mainly python, and we'd recommend Python as the language
for easy, rapid activity development.  AFAIK, pepper gives you a choice
of XUL (ie, mozilla) and Java (with Swing).  They may also let you use
straight GTK+ apps.

We're also building all of the mesh-enabled collaboration and sharing
functionality into Sugar.

Dan