[sugar] Loading new apps^Wactivities on XO

Guido van Rossum guido
Mon Mar 19 21:46:04 EDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 17:15 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Suppose I'm hacking the Develop activity on my Ubuntu dapper desktop.
> > At some point I'd like to see how it runs on the XO. How do I build
> > something that will run there? How do I transfer it? Is there a wiki
> > page about this?
>
> You package the activity in .xo format and unzip it
> in /usr/share/activities.  Then reboot (quick hack) and Sugar should see
> it.
>
> .xos are sort of like JARs with additional metadata, some localization
> capabilitiy, and should eventually be able to be signed like JARs.

Oh cool. Is the format described somewhere?

Juampi referred me to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Activity_Tutorial which didn't answer
any of my questions directly.

Also, what's the typical way of moving code to an XO from a regular
Linux box? scp? USB key? Or what?