[sugar] battery charge status?

Chris Ball cjb
Mon Mar 19 16:27:31 EDT 2007

Hi Guido,

   > My B2 battery light is blinking red. Does this mean it's empty or
   > full or has a problem?

It would normally mean the charge was low, but is being triggered
incorrectly.  It should be fixed in the firmware version that we
just released, Q2B81.

   > Is there a command-line way to independently verify the battery
   > status?

Yes, cat /sys/class/battery/psu_0/{capacity_percentage,status}.

   > I have upgarded to the 303 build and the Q2B76 firmware.

Please upgrade to the Q2B81 firmware -- as well as fixing the battery
problem, it works around a CPU bug that was causing a 30% performance
hit across the board!

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_Q2B81

(Anyone else with a B2 should upgrade too.)

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>