[sugar] squeak build issues

Gervase Markham gerv
Wed Mar 14 11:17:40 EDT 2007

Mike Hunter wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I'm trying a fresh build of sugar on ubuntu.
>
> `sugar-jhbuild build` tries to do this:
<snip>

A suggestion of how to fix this problem was posted to this list earlier
this morning (for me).

Bert said:
> A workaround for now would be to just remove the whole MIDIPlugin
> directory and run configure again:
>
> sugar-jhbuild buildone --no-network -a squeak

I did:

rm -rf source/squeak

./sugar-jhbuild update squeak

rm -rf source/squeak/platforms/Cross/plugins/MIDIPlugin
source/squeak/platforms/unix/src/vm/intplugins/MIDIPlugin
source/squeak/bld/MIDIPlugin
source/squeak/platforms/unix/plugins/MIDIPlugin/

./sugar-jhbuild buildone --no-network -a squeak

But I can't seem to get rid of the dratted MIDIPlugin references. (Not
so much of a "plugin", perhaps...) I have to stop now and do some paid
work. But maybe you can do better.

My new error is:

vm/vm.a(sqNamedPrims.o):(.data+0x5c): undefined reference to
`MIDIPlugin_exports'

Gerv