[sugar] ImportError: No module named wnck

Guido van Rossum guido
Tue Mar 13 20:25:49 EDT 2007

After solving my build problems and starting from scratch, I now am
able to build all the prerequisites and all the sugar targets except
squeak, etoys and meta-sugar-activity. Excitedly, I typed
'./sugar-jhbuild run'. This brought up what is apparently an emulator
window running an X server, but in the shell where I started, I see
this:

guido at pythonic:sugar-jhbuild$ ./sugar-jhbuild run
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/pythonic.corp.google.com:1
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
ERROR:root:Error reading public key: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: '/home/guido/.sugar/default/owner.key.pub'
ERROR:root:Error reading private key: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: '/home/guido/.sugar/default/owner.key'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/guido/xo/sugar-jhbuild/build/bin/sugar-shell", line 38,
in <module>
    from view.Shell import Shell
  File "/home/guido/xo/sugar-jhbuild/build/share/sugar/shell/view/Shell.py",
line 20, in <module>
    import wnck
ImportError: No module named wnck

How should I start debugging this?