[sugar] Can I buy a clue about sugar-jhbuild and dependencies?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue Mar 13 05:10:24 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 22:03 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Yes, it does:
>
> *** Checking out gtk+ *** [1/1]
>
> svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gtk+/branches/gtk-2-10 gtk+
>
> I'm more worried that somehow the sanity check doesn't pick up the
> versions that jhbuild installs in the build directory, and instead
> finds the ones installed in the system directories (/usr/lib etc.). Is
> there an environment variable I would need to set for that to happen
> right?

(just realized gtk 2.10 actually depends on glib 2.12...)

jhbuild should be setting up variables for you. You can verify that:

./sugar-jhbuild shell

Check the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable. It should point inside
your jhbuild.

pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0
pkg-config --cflags cairo

The cflags should point all inside sugar-jhbuild too. If they don't, one
possibility is that glib/cairo was not built correctly. There should
be .pc files for them in:

sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/pkgconfig

Marco