[sugar] Development environment for newcomers

Ivan Krstić krstic
Mon Mar 12 00:28:02 EDT 2007

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> I used Gentoo, as it was the only system on which we were able to get a
> build to run to completion during the sprint (it's also the one with
> which I am most familiar) but it looks basically the same for users as
> an Ubuntu desktop.  I've finished the build and have an image
> ready-to-go, btw.

We certainly have the bandwidth to host this, so please get in touch
privately and we'll take care of it.

That said, if I can convince you to look into redoing this kind of image
based on FC6 or FC7, we'd all be better off. I say this as someone who
doesn't use Fedora and doesn't want to use Fedora, but given that that's
what we're using for our builds, I think it simplifies things massively
for everyone involved if our blessed "dev environment" uses the same
distribution.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D