[sugar] Can I buy a clue about sugar-jhbuild and dependencies?

Ivan Krstić krstic
Mon Mar 12 00:20:31 EDT 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Ivan Krstic suggested that a
> Fedora Core 6 box would be the best choice. Is it?

Since I suggested it and I'm always correct by definition, the answer is
yes. :)

The OLPC builds are based on FC6, and not long from now will be based on
FC7 (which will also pull in Python 2.5). Our builds are produced and
managed by the Red Hat team working on the OLPC project, which means
running the FC version underlying the builds will always get you prompt
support in case something breaks, _and_ that things just won't break as
much since you're on the same platform as the base OS developers.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D