[sugar] Can I buy a clue about sugar-jhbuild and dependencies?

Owen Williams owen
Sun Mar 11 23:40:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 23:28 -0400, Andrew Clunis wrote:
> > Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Ivan Krstic suggested that a
> > Fedora Core 6 box would be the best choice. Is it? Once I have to
> > start with a new box, I think I should start with the best possible
> > setup.
> >

> I use Edgy (and have been since it was released) and it works perfectly
> with OLPC stuff.
>
> Besides, Ubuntu is the most popular Desktop Linux distro right now and
> has a large community of both developers and users.

Perhaps, but the olpc operating system is based on fedora core 6 (soon
to be 7), and if you want to compile any C-based libraries or programs
for the platform, you need a copy of FC6.  I can develop in Python on
ubuntu just fine, but every time I need to compile some C code I need to
launch VMWare -- not an ideal situation.

owen