[sugar] Trying to build sugar on ubuntu dapper

Trent Lloyd lathiat
Tue Mar 6 18:54:51 EST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 03:26:06PM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there anyone available to help me get started building Sugar on
> ubuntu dapper? So far I haven't been able to manage to "sudo apt-get
> install python-avahi"; if I try this, I always get "E: Couldn't find
> package python-avahi". All other packages from
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux installed okay (after
> messing with /etc/apt/sources.list; I don't really know what this is,
> but pasting output from the source-o-matic in the front made other
> problems go away).
>
> If I ignore this, running ./sugar-jhbuild after the git-clone command
> gives me this:
>
> """
> Checking dependencies...
> Missing dependencies:
>
>    avahi (python module)
>    rsvg (python module)
>    wnck (python module)
>    glib-2.0 2.12
>    gtk+-2.0 2.10
>    pygtk-2.0 2.10
>    pycairo 1.2
>    dbus-1 1.0
>    dbus-python 0.80

at a guess you want to apt-get install

python-utils libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev python-gtk2-dev python-cairo libdbus-1-dev python-dbus  (and maybe python-cairo-dev)

Not sure where you are going to get the rsvg/wnck python modules from
though...

Trent