[sugar] Trying to build sugar on ubuntu dapper

Ivan Krstić krstic
Tue Mar 6 18:36:27 EST 2007

[Trimming CC list to sugar@; this is off-topic for devel.]

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there anyone available to help me get started building Sugar on
> ubuntu dapper? So far I haven't been able to manage to "sudo apt-get
> install python-avahi";

python-avahi didn't appear in Ubuntu until Edgy.

> Following the advice in that message and running the latter command
> fails building many packages including fontconfig, hence cairo, and
> many others.

I'm bootstrapping a Dapper box to test this out for you. I've had Sugar
building on Dapper in the past, but Sugar is a fast-moving target, and
it's possible it's gotten really difficult to do.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D