[sugar] pygtk's ".defs" files, and wrapping interfaces for python extensions

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Mar 5 20:51:06 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 10:12 -0800, Don Hopkins wrote:
> Wow, thanks a lot! That's extremely helpful.
> It's hard to figure out all that project configuration voodoo, so
> having an example package all configured will enable me to get on to
> the fun part!

I uploaded a basic build structure in the git module Ivan created for us
(thanks).

git+ssh://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/poppler-python

Assuming you have sugar-jhbuild you can do something like this to get
started.

./sugar-jhbuild shell

Checkout poppler-python

Inside the poppler-python directory:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/marco/sugar-jhbuild/build
make
make install

> Hopefully I won't need to change poppler, but if there are any bugs,
> I'll want to fix them.

We can build poppler CVS in sugar-jhbuild, so the way to go would
probably be to get the necessary fixes upstream...

> Will I need to include the poppler source code in the tree, or can it
> just come from the operating system poppler that I installed with
> yum?

It can come from the operating system or from sugar-jhbuild. The
configure.ac script I put together checks for this.

Let me know if you have issues or questions on how this works...

Marco