[sugar] trouble installing Sugar on Ubuntu

Ashlesha Shintre ashlesha.shintre
Sun Mar 4 22:10:40 EST 2007

Hi,

I m trying to install the Sugar development environment on my laptop which
has Ubuntu6.10 installed on it.  Upon issuing the command:

<sugar at laptop.org>sudo apt-get install build-essential cvs docbook-utils
subversion libgtk2.0-dev libidl-dev    gnome-common gtk-doc-tools libxt-dev
automake1.7 automake1.8 automake1.9 python-gtk2-dev    python-avahi git-core
cogito python-dev avahi-utils    libgconf2-dev xserver-xephyr libgnome2-dev
libmatchbox-dev python-cairo-dev    libtiff4-dev python-gnome2-dev
libxdamage-dev libxdamage1 libxcomposite-dev    libgnomeui-dev libtool
libfribidi-dev libgsf-1-dev libbz2-dev libwmf-dev    libgstreamer0.10-dev
libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev libgnomeprintui2.2-dev    libenchant-dev
libnspr-dev darcs libxslt1.1 libxslt1-dev firefox firefox-dev
libasound2-dev

as given on the http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux website, I
get a message, the last part of which I have pasted here:

Get:21 http://security.ubuntu.com edgy-security/universe xserver-xephyr 1:
1.1.1-0ubuntu12.1 [1499kB]
Media change: please insert the disc labeled
 'Ubuntu 6.10 _Edgy Eft_ - Release i386 (20061025)'
in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

I have enabled the Universe and Multiuniverse repositories on my machine.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ashlesha Shintre.