[sugar] Re: Quick Fix for intro screen problem under qemu with build 282

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Sat Mar 3 16:40:19 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 16:32 -0500, Andrew Clunis wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I volunteered to whip up a CD (with qemu and the ext3 image) for the GDC
> conference, but alas, I didn't save the instructions Marco gave me on
> IRC that fix the issue where qemu's lack of a camera makes the Intro
> screen refuse to advance.
>
> Anyone have this for me?

shell/intro/intro.py

try:
  import glive
  self._video = glive.LiveVideoSlot(_VIDEO_WIDTH, _VIDEO_HEIGHT)
except ImportError:
  self._video = IntroFallbackVideo()

I think you want to be using IntroFallbackVideo() on qemu. Dan might
have ideas for a proper fix, otherwise I guess you can just hack it up.

Marco