[sugar] Rebe

Bert Freudenberg bert
Thu Jun 21 16:15:10 EDT 2007

Indeed, "scratchpad" describes Etoys pretty precisely ;)

You can draw, write (even with multi-column text layout flowing
around abjects), and of course calculate.

It's not just "type anywhere and a curve pops up", although in fact
such an extension exists (but not included in the OLPC Etoys
version): called MathMorphs and MorphicWrappers done by the
Argentinian Squeak community a couple years ago:
	http://www.dm.uba.ar/MathMorphs/

and updated to work in recent Squeak releases

	http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5855

If there is enough interest in this (and I agree it's a great
environment for exploring Math) we might try to find someone porting
it to the OLPC version. Or maybe it just works if installed, I
haven't tried (unfortunately our plates are still full with lower-
level stuff).

- Bert -