[sugar] Adding 'Collaboration' to an activity

Julius B. Lucks julius
Sun Jul 22 17:48:48 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am working on Kuku Anakula (Hungry Chicken), which is an
educational quiz game for the XO (see wiki.laptop.org/go/Kuku).  In
the game, a quiz question is posed in the upper left corner of the
screen.  The player (a chicken) moves around a grid, with each grid
square containing a possible answer.  The goal is for the player to
move to and 'eat' the correct answers for the posed questions.

Currently, Kuku is only a one-player game.  We would like to expand
to multiple players on expanded grids - either in competition with
each other, or working together to progress through the quiz
questions.  Kuku is written in pygame.

Is there a standard way for activities to implement collaborative
elements such as this?  Are their standard API's for exchanging data
between XO's?

I appreciate any information that could help me get started.

Cheers,

Julius

Please Reply to My Permanent Address: julius at younglucks.com
http://www.openwetware.org/wiki/User:Julius_B._Lucks