[sugar] [Post-trial2] Buddy identification: security and UI requirements?

Dan Williams dcbw
Sun Jul 22 17:53:34 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 16:12 -0400, Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > (Mailing this now while I remember, because this is something we
> > need to
> > think about relatively soon after Trial 2, I think. Daf and I will
> > be in
> > Boston on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday trying to debug
> > collaboration, so it'd
> > be great if we could talk to Ivan and Eben about this while we're
> > there.)
>
> I'll read the rest of the message in a bit; can you meet with me at
> 2PM Monday? I'm extremely busy the first three days of next week.

One of the pieces to this was going to be the identity service, which
would have provided some measure of notification if a buddy apparently
changed name or color (from the user perspective).  Is that just getting
dropped or is that still on the table, and if it is, what's the status?
If there isn't going to be an identity service, we either do nothing and
suck up impersonation, or we have to come up with a backup plan.

Dan