[sugar] Fwd: Journal fulltext search

Walter Bender walter.bender
Thu Jul 12 07:55:40 EDT 2007

forgot to hit reply-all

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
Date: Jul 12, 2007 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [sugar] Journal fulltext search
To: Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>

I suspect that kids, like adults and everyone else, will NOT routinely go to
the trouble of generating tags. (The except seems to be systems like Flickr,
where the tags have community value--help your friends find your stuff, for
example.) So, yes, I suggest some automatic keyword generation as well.

-walter

On 7/12/07, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> Is it anticipated to have the journal search by full text (which
> seems useful to me if the kid does not bother to provide explicit
> keywords when sav^H^H^Hkeeping)? If so, should an activity store a
> text representation of the document as metadata, or will there be a
> way to extract text/metadata from known document types?
>
> - Bert -

Walter Bender
One Laptop per Child
http://laptop.org