[sugar] GComprisXO progress

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin
Fri Jul 6 18:32:03 EDT 2007

Le lundi 02 juillet 2007 ? 14:24 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri a ?crit :
> On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 13:59 +0200, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>
> >   There is a drawback in term of quality, moving to svg should help but
> >   currently the gnome canvas and our code does not use the svg native
> >   scaling feature.
>
> I'm a little worried about gnome canvas dragging in bonobo and other
> GNOME things we don't want.  I'll be at GUADEC to discuss dependency
> issues, speeding up the deprecation of gnome libraries and fixing the
> multiple canvas issue.

The gnomecanvas is a bare GTK application. It only requires libart_lgpl.
In order to go smoothly towards Sugar requirements, we have integrated
these 2 libraries in our code base and like statically with them.

> Just keep in mind what your dependencies are as we move forward.

Sure, we are very focused on that, more than before to ease this kind of
project, XO, but also Nokia N800 and other fancy embedded system that
will want us on board.

Today our dependencies on our gcomprixo branch are (ldd on Ubuntu
Feisty):
libgtk-x11-2.0 libgdk-x11-2.0 libatk-1.0 libpangocairo-1.0 libfontconfig
libXext libXrender libXinerama libXi libXrandr libXcursor libXfixes
libpango-1.0 libcairo libX11 libgdk_pixbuf-2.0 libm libgstreamer-0.10
libgobject-2.0 libgmodule-2.0 libdl libgthread-2.0 librt libglib-2.0
libxml2 libpthread libc libpangoft2-1.0 libfreetype libz libexpat libXau
libpng12 libXdmcp

To support the python activity in GCompris we also need libpython2.5

We will also provide the gnuchess binary with the chess learning
activity and the gnucap binary with our electric simulator.

Please, let us know if you see something undesirable.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net Free educational software for kids