[sugar] notes on sugar-jhbuild

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Wed Jul 4 08:05:09 EDT 2007

Simon Schamijer wrote:
> In both cases my workaround was to add my standard pkgconfig path to my
> environment since the packages is installed in my distro.
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig/
>
> Is there another way of doing this, or is this the "normal way" of
> handling this issue?

This is really strange, the prefix pkgconfig is built with is supposed
to be on the config path by default. What does "which pkg-config" give?
What is PKG_CONFIG_PATH set to originally?

> Another error is during the build of hulahop:
> /home/erikos/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/libglib-2.0.so -lxul -lpyxpcom
> -lxpcomglue_s  -Wl,-soname -Wl,_hulahop.so -o .libs/_hulahop.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxpcomglue_s
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [_hulahop.la] Error 1
>
> Which package do I need to install for the shared library xpcomglue_s,
> googled for it but could not really find out about it?

I checked in a fix for this yesterday night. Easier solution to avoid a
clean rebuild is to "cp build/lib/xulrunner-1.9a5pre/sdk/*
build/lib/xulrunner-1.9a5pre"

> I am currently running Fedora6 - after the switch I guess it would be
> recommended to switch to Fedora7?

For now I'm not planning to drop "compatibility" with FC6. Though since
most developers are running F7 you might get less problem if you run on
it...

Marco