[sugar] Re: Etoys git size

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin
Mon Jan 22 20:37:01 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 06:12:22PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >I don't understand. Why do you expect subversion to be better?
>
> Because subversion does not download all versions since the beginning
> of time, when you actually only need the latest one to build.

Perhaps, but it still stores all the versions since the beginning of
time somewhere--presumably on the server--so that just confines the
problem to one machine instead of all distributed copies.

> >If so, why do you need to store its history? Why not store it
> >outside of GIT?
>
> Putting the image (and the example projects) in a different place
> would make sense - hence my inquiry for a subversion repository.

What I meant to suggest is to store it outside any version control
system. Place it somewhere wget accessible and you're done.